Being HEALTHY is creative, delicious, and happy!
Need Kitchen Skills 101 or to add a few healthy recipes to your repertoire? Looking for a fun date night out, and enjoy cooking or eating? We have you covered with our cooking classes and hosted events.
- This event has passed.
Culinary Nutrition Fundamentals Certification
March 16 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm$2000.
Culinary Nutrition Fundamentals Certification in just 5 Saturdays!
This course is packed with information that provides a solid base of nutrition fundamentals and the correlation between food, stress and health. Designed for anyone who wants to learn the relationship between lifestyle and wellness along with nutritional strategies for enhancing immune function, reducing inflammation and creating the path to wellness. Awesome certification for massage therapist and fitness professionals!
Gain confidence in your knowledge about healthy nutrition, examine micro and macro-nutrients, the role of nutrition in disease and how to create an integrative approach using self care tips and tools.
This course is fantastic way to get the foundations of clean cooking while getting in-depth knowledge on nutrition. No prior experience in the kitchen or in nutrition is required. In the kitchen, students will experience instructional demonstrations, culinary techniques and hands-on healthy cooking.
Course Description: This course provides an overview of foundations in culinary nutrition, healthy diet and self care while uncovering how food and cooking can be instrumental to health.
- Fundamentals of clean-eating and cooking (Time is split between hands-on cooking and classroom nutrition.)
- In the classroom setting:
- explore the basic role of nutrition
- macro and micro nutrients
- food as medicine, inflammation, epigenetics
- dietary trends and specialized diets (e.g. gluten-free, vegan, Paleo), personalized eating plans
- food allergies and intolerances
- In the kitchen:
- experience instructional demonstrations
- culinary techniques: fermented, soaked and sprouted food, gluten free milks and sauces
- hands-on healthy cooking: Root to stalk cooking, selecting produce, egg replacers, oil free cooking, premium salts and natural sugars. pantry stocking
- Learn to incorporate healthy diet as part of your self care regimen
- How to determine the nutritional value of foods by reading the label
- The daily requirements of important macro & micro nutrients
- Explore functional and healing diets
5 Saturdays: 9am – 6pm:
Saturday, March 16
Saturday, March 23
Saturday, March 30
Saturday, April 6
Saturday, April 13
Who should take this course?
- Anyone with an interest in food and nutrition
- Anyone looking to improve on, or explore their health
- Anyone interested in learning new cooking skills and ways to prepare delicious, healthy meals
- Industry professionals who want to elevate their knowledge of health, nutrition and cooking in order to better serve their customers and clients
- *Chefs and kitchen workers (to learn the importance of food allergies and substitutions)
- *Health coaches
- *Homeopathic and naturopathic doctors
- *Medical doctors, nurses and students
- *Fitness industry professionals like yoga teachers and personal trainers
- *Massage Therapist
What you will learn
- Learn why nutrition is important and the effects of modern lifestyle on diet and health
- Get a solid handle on macro and micro-nutrients
- Know how to balance each meal for optimal health
- Learn key healthy cooking techniques that will maximize nutritional benefits of your food
- Learn about epigenetics and create a family disease tree
- Study chronic diseases how to use food as medicine to reduce your risk
- Learn how to read nutrition labels
- Discover how to figure out which foods work with your body
- Study inflammation, it’s perils and the foods that fight it
- Identify common food allergies and how to spot them
- Explore healing foods and therapeutic diets
- Discuss the biggest issues in sustainability
- Eating hygiene
- Create your own personal eating plan
In the kitchen
- Knife skill lessons
- How to select vegetables
- Root to stalk cooking
- Learn how to modify a recipe to make it healthier
- Learn how to create gut-balancing fermented, soaked & sprouted food
- Make delicious dairy and gluten free sauces
- Blend your own dairy free milks!
- Explore egg replacements, oil free cooking and premium salts
- How to stock your pantry with healthy ingredients
- Explore new flavors and make your own seasonings
- Work natural sugars
Upon completion of course, students will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
*awaiting CE credit approval of 40 credit hours from NCBTMB
Exact location shared upon registration.