Our bodies are sending us signals all the time, the thing is that most of us haven’t been taught to listen.
If you’re feeling sluggish, tired or just off – it might be time to listen to your body and give it a little help. Yes, our bodies are made to detox, it’s a base function of the liver. But our bodies are overwrought with more than they’ve ever been before – from processed foods, inflammatory oils, preservatives, antibiotic-laden meats, chemicals, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, stress, pollution …. see what I mean?
So what are some of the signs that a detox could serve you well? Symptoms completely range from person to person, but here’s a few common signs that you might want to listen to:
- How you feel: do you feel sluggish, lethargic, tired? Is your brain foggy?
- Your digestion is ‘off’: gas, bloating, burping are NOT normal occurrences (even though we’ve become to think they are!) Are you eliminating 1-3 times per day? More or less could be a sign things are not working as designed.
- You have cravings: experiencing cravings for sugar, refined carbohydrates, fast food, caffeine, alcohol or sugary drinks are not only challenging but tied to weight gain, insulin sensitivity and blood sugar spikes.
- You can’t sleep: without deep sleep, your body misses out on precious repair time. One or two nights can be overcome, but the real trouble accumulates when sleeplessness becomes chronic.
Encourage healing. Think about a detox not as an intense diet but rather an opportunity to help the the body heal, to release and rest from the heavy burden it’s under. Through that process you’ll see a reduction in cravings, an increase in energy, improved mood and sleep among many other things.
Detoxing doesn’t just mean starvation and icky green juices. There are delicious, easy ways to help your body reset and it doesn’t have to be done in a small window of time. It’s also not for everyone either; depending on health of your current body it can actually re-circulate more toxins than release them.
This is the reason why I created a 14-day Wellness Program. If you’re ready to go deeper than you have before, this might be the program for you. Think of this as a whole-body program. Aside from food, over the course of the 14 days we’ll focus on:
- Proper hydration
- Stress reduction
- Proper nutrition
- Daily movements (elimination and exercise!)
- And we’ll even takes steps to Reduce our toxic exposure
Reach out if you’d like more information or to discuss if this Wellness Program is right for you. If you’re ready, register today and let’s get tips coming your way today.