Avocado Toast is the biggest thing since…well, sliced bread. I really do love it, unfortunately I’ve actually had a number of lame versions at restaurants so I prefer to make my own. My Squash, Apple and Avocado Toast version pays special homage to fall produce. It came together thanks to some leftover roasted squash, though you could just sear a couple of fresh slices too.
The apple adds texture and tartness with the toasted squash seeds adding a good crunch factor.
Squash, Apple and Avocado Toast
juice of 1/2 lime
pinch of cayenne
1 bun (I used a Seeduction bun from Whole Foods)
Roasted squash + roasted squash seeds
- Smash avocado with juice from 1/2 lime + pinch of cayenne
- Thinly slice 1/4 apple
- Sear a couple slices of pre-roasted squash
- Toast bun
- Arrange apple slices on bun.
- Top with the smashed avocado
- Add the seared squash.
- Sprinkle with toasted squash seeds and flaky sea salt