- This event has passed.
Himalayan Pink Salt Block Cooking Class
June 19, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Himalayan pink salt is all the rage right now, and with good reason- it’s the healthiest salt in world with 84 trace minerals (minerals the body actually uses). But did you know you can cook on in it?
This class will teach you how to use and care for a salt block and we’ll sample the food we cook on it.
Come master the art of salt block cooking; guaranteed to make you look like an Iron Chef at your next bbq! We’ll be outdoors on the roof deck, so come prepared (in case of rain we’ll move inside; yes, you can use your salt block indoors as well.)
- Why pink salt is the healthiest salt
- how to care for your salt block
- how to properly heat your salt block
- how to clean a salt block
- the ONE place you can’t put a salt block!
- meat and veggies cooked on the salt block
- salt block pickles
- cold salad on a chilled block
- dessert on a chilled block
Super fun, tasty! and totally different
Most allergies accomodated with proper notice.
Location: West Town, Chicago, IL (address will be shared upon registration) Note: this is a 4th floor walk up; non-elevator building.
*Minimum of 4 guests is needed to run this class.