Nothing screams Springtime more than fresh crisp air and the aroma of clean. Spring cleaning is a ritual we all look forward to as we let go of the cold past – it’s time to open the windows and let the breeze in.
Our mind and body needs fresh air and a fresh perspective. You don’t have to perform a full detox or lock yourself away for weeks, just a few gentle daily shifts can help release stored negative energy, cluttered emotions and bad habits.
Starting with a fresh clear mind can bring peace and happiness, or at the very least it might just make your day go better. Much like house and yard cleaning, you can create similar rituals with our mind.
5 tips for Spring mind-cleaning:
1. Open the windows and let air in: i.e. meditate (or practice deep breathing). Just 10 minutes a day will work to de-stress and quiet the mind and bring new thoughts.
2. Put away winter clothes: Clean the pantry of processed foods and fattening snacks; stock up on fresh Spring veggies like asparagus and watercress that naturally detox our bodies.
3. De-clutter: Re-prioritize your daily tasks and take out those that take away from your goals. Turn off the tv and go for a walk or wake up 10 minutes early to meditate.
4. Weed: Stop spending time with people who are negative or offer nothing but a toxic relationship. It’s easier to be happy when you aren’t being negative.
5. Seed and Plant: – Let go of goals that have been on your to do list since the Fall. Set new, small, attainable goals that can be reached within the next 30 days. Then set new ones after that; soon you will have a flourishing mindset.
6. Bonus! Learn something new: Pick up a new book, learn a skill or take a new class to keep the mind sharp. Perhaps a healthy cooking class?
Work to encompass these steps over the next few weeks and experience a lighter, refreshed, more focused you.
As the saying goes, take care of your body- it’s the only place you have to live.